Sunday, November 7, 2010

So Wet It's So Tight

[Chorus:]
Stacks on deck
Patron on ice
And we could pop bottles all night
Baby you could have whatever you like (you like)
I said you could have whatever you like (you like)
Yeahh
Late night sex
So wet it's so tight
I'd gas up the jet for you tonight
And baby you could go wherever you (you like)
I said you could go wherever you like (you like)
Yeahh




I absolutely believe that re-makes of some songs are better than the origionals. This is probably the most recent, best example I have. I liked this song a lot when T.I. first released it. But just the normal love of a song that lasted the normal amount of time which for me is until my next favorite song is released. That could be 2 days or 2 weeks. Just depends.

I am completely enamored by Anya Marina's version. The song is so so so much more sexy when she sings it. I found it months ago and its STILL on the main rotation of my iPod. Its got staying power. ;) I like staying power!

Here are a couple of other great remakes:

Obadiah Parker re-makes Outkast's - Hey Ya.


Haley of Paramor re-makes Kings Of Leon's - Use Somebody


Tell me your favorite remake! I'm looking for some new music to dig on.

Hope your weekend was lovely. I sat on the beach for a couple of days. w00t!
Muahs!

4 comments:

  1. Paramore, love them! And Kings of Leon!

    Although I don't much care for Marilyn Manson, his remake of "Sweet Dreams" is excellent. One of my very favorites is Nickelback/Chad Kroeger doing his version of "Mistake" by Big Wreck. And not really a remake but Chris Cornell can sing the hell out of "Ave Maria."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the original, but I have to say I like this one.

    As far as remakes go, there are far to many that I like. Korn's version of "Another Brick In The Wall", Five Finger Death Punch's "Bad Company", Faith No More's "War Pigs", Johnny Cash's "Hurt", and the list goes on...

    Anyway, sorry for rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will agree witht eh two songs you said.... but not all are and thats for sure....


    wait.... did you say late night sex?


    I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sunny...I love the remakes. I'm all about combining contrasting styles, etc. Love the Obadiah Parker version of Hey Ya.

    Couple more if you haven't already heard them -

    Mandy Moore covering Rihanna's "Umbrella" - just a cool, smooth take on an already good song.

    Ben Folds Five covering Dr. Dre's "Bitches Ain't Shit" - only Ben Folds could make a great (or awful, offensive depending on your tastes) rap song into such a sweet song. I laugh every time I hear it.

    Along the same lines, Dynamite Hack covering Eazy E's "Boyz in the Hood"

    Musiq Soulchild covering the Rolling Stones "Miss You" (I love this one).

    I feel like there's a BUNCH that I'm missing out on mentioning, but my brain is failing me.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to all comments via email. If you don't have an email linked to your name, I can't reply....
He who hesitates is a damned fool. ~ Mae West
Don't hesitate, comment away....